Any composer or interested person is eligible to apply regardless of age and nationality. A composer may apply with more than one piece but in this case a separate application form is needed for each piece.
The following application materials should be sent only electronically and via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Score of the submitted work (pdf):
– maximum duration: 10 minutes
– scored for 1 to 8 players drawn from the following instruments: flute, clarinet, piano, percussion, 2 violins, viola and cello
– for passive participation score submission is not compulsory
-Recording optional (mp3)
-Application Form – download pdf
Applicants of active or half-active participation should submit a completed original composition for Hezarfen Ensemble. If an applicant submits several scores, only one may be selected for the Academy rehearsals and the closing concert.
The instrumentation of the composition workshop is as follows:
Flute (also picc, alto)
Clarinet (also bass)
Percussion (see percussion list below)
Submitted works should be maximum 10 minutes in length and scored for any combination of the instruments listed above,1 to 8 players, with or without a conductor.
All possible instrumental combinations -including solo works and string quartets- are equally encouraged.
Previously performed pieces can also be submitted.
– For full-active and half-active participation: Friday, 21 April 2017 (23:59 GMT +3)
– For passive participation: Friday, 12 May 2017 (23:59 GMT +3)
The shortlist will be determined by faculty composers. Final selection will be made by the resident composer Mark Andre.
Applicants selected for full-active and half-active participation will be notified around May 1st, 2017.
The fees of the all participants should be fully paid by May 12th, 2017 according to following categories:
– Full-active participation with room and meals 1200TL / 320€
– Half-active participation with room and meals 800TL / 215€
– Passive participation with room and meals 600TL / 160€
– Passive participation without room and meals 300TL / 80€
All fees are non-refundable except in case of emergencies.